Posted at 3:57 pm
1 lb round steak
1 lg onion, sliced
1 can petite diced tomatoes (16oz)
2 T molasses
1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 lg green pepper, diced
1 sm can mushrooms
3 T soy sauce
1 can green beans, drained
Cut steak into strips. Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and pepper and brown in a skillet with 1 Tbsp of canola oil. Drop into bottom of CrockPot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.
**I used Worcestershire instead of soy sauce and fresh mushrooms instead of canned.
Posted at 2:51 am
12oz bag white chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 to 2 cups miniature marshmallows
~Melt white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on lower setting, stirring often, or melt in a double boiler. Pour into a larger bowl.
~Add crisp rice cereal and stir to coat well. Set aside until it reaches room temperature.
~Butter a 9×13 cake pan or, if you like them thicker, butter a smaller pan.
~Now that the mixture is at room temperature, pour in mini chocolate chips and marshmallows. Mix well to coat and evenly distribute ingredients.
~Pour into prepared pan and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until set. Once set, cut into 2″x2″ squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Posted at 2:36 am
This is the inaugural edition of ~~Apron Strings~~presented by http://www.mothersapronstrings.com I apologize for the length (7 minutes) as I’m shooting for 3 minute versions to save you time!
Posted at 2:55 pm
I made this last night for a gathering with extended family and everyone loved it… including the kids! I created this recipe so was unsure what the vote would be but it made it into the “make again” bin!! The great thing about this recipe is that you can add to or change some of the ingredients based on what you have. It made 10 good sized servings and took about 1 1/2 hours to make.
Hearty Italian Soup by ~~Mother’s Apron Strings~~
19oz mild Italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups beef broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red cooking wine
1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregeno
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (not too thin)
8 ounces frozen cheese tortellini pasta
3 tablespoons chopped dried parsley
1. In a skillet, brown the sausage. Remove sausage and drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
2. Saute onions and garlic in drippings. In a large soup pot, stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil then reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Skim any fat from the soup. Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add tortellini during the last 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with garlic breadsticks.
Posted at 6:27 pm
These cute little treasures are an easy-to-make gift idea for teachers, Sunday School staff or other special people in your kids’ lives. The best part is… kids can make them!
Stuff you will need:
-a small glass jar like a Mason or Ball jar with a rim and lid.
-prepared hot chocolate mix
-milk chocolate chips
-wrapped candy canes
-bows, tags, labels
1. Add one serving of dry hot chocolate mix to the bottom of the clean jar.
2. Add 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips.
3. Fill remainder of jar with marshmallows.
4. Close jar tightly.
5. Attach a candy cane to the side (for a stir stick).
6. Add items like To/From tag with a bow, a sticker on the side with a poem (see below), and a round sticker to the top. Or you can skip the stickers and put the jar inside of a new coffee mug!
Was told that you’ve been good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup,
Complete with stirring stick.
Add 8oz hot water, sip it slow,
It’s sure to do the trick!