The rare break in winter weather and a 70° degree day got me in the mood to roll out the grill! It was a bit last minute so I used the ingredients I had on hand to put together these yummy bacon-wrapped beef patties! I added American cheese to the kids’ patties and PepperJack to the adult burgers after bringing them into the house. While the cheese melted, I brushed the inside of the buns with melted butter and grilled those for 3 minutes. I offered leaf lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and condiments to complete the burger. Crunchy sweet potato fries were served on the side. I can’t wait for spring so we can grill more often!
Bacon-Wrapped Beef Burgers
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 oz)
2/3 c. chopped onion
¼ c. ketchup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. seasoned salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 lbs. ground beef (I used 93/7 or ground round)
10 thick-sliced bacon strips
10 hamburger buns
1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
2. Crumble the ground beef over the mixture and mix together. Use your hands to mix well.
3. Shape into 10 ¾-inch-thick patties.
4. Wrap each patty with a bacon strip and secure with toothpicks.
5. Grill patties over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. A meat thermometer should read 160°F.
6. Serve on buns and add cheese if desired.
**Always use a separate plate to take your raw meat to the grill and to bring the cooked patties back inside. Wash hands often! Use a meat thermometer to the correct temperature.