Amber Uhlenhake of Ossain, Iowa, sent in this recipe! Delish!
Cheddar Ham Roll
1 tube crusty French bread
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 lb. thin-sliced deli ham
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Unroll dough into a 14×12-inch rectangle.
2. Sprinkle with cheese to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
3. Top with a single layer of ham.
4. Roll up tightly, jellyroll style.
5. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Brush top with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake at 375° F for 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and serve.
My friend Cherie adds fresh ground black pepper to hers. I used regular bread dough that came three in a package in the freezer section. I let the bread thaw and then rolled it out. I had pepperoni, Canadian bacon, black olives, baby spinach leaves, pepperjack cheese, jalepenos, and chopped onions so we experimented with various fillers. This recipe lends itself well to experimentation! We cut them into 1 1/2″ slices for serving and had marinara for dipping.