This dessert takes just a few minutes to whip up and a short bit of time in the refrigerator. It’s tasty! I had some challenges cutting the final project and with the 10oz angel food loaf it served about 8 people. My son decided it should be called a Cloud Cake but I think its really more like a Boston Cream Pie.
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c. cold milk
1 1/2 c. thawed whipped topping, divided
1 pkg. (10 oz) prepared angel food cake loaf
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped
1. Cut the loaf into three horizontal layers with a bread knife.
2. Beat pudding mix and milk in medium-sized bowl with a whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 c. whipped topping. Pudding mixture will be thick.
3. Place bottom cake layer on desired serving tray. Top with about that the pudding. Repeat second layer. Place top on cake.
4. Microwave chocolate and remaining cup of whipped topping on high for 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Immediately spoon over the top of the cake letting it run down sides.
5. Refrigerate for one hour.