Beef and Egg Noodle Bake
My middle daughter contends this is her favorite because it has “normal” ingredients.
4 c. uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
1 lb. ground beef
4 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
½ tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
½ c. cottage cheese
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. green pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. sour cream
½ c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is translucent. Drain if needed. Remove from heat and stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, green pepper and sour cream.
4. Drain the noodles and stir them into the meat mixture. Then stir in the cottage cheese mixture.
5. Dump the ingredients into a greased 9×13-inch glass baking dish and top with shredded Parmesan.
6. Cover and bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.