Reames Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Makes: 10 servings (cups)
1/2 lb. cooked boneless, skinless chicken
6 c. chicken broth
1 pkg. (12 oz.) Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
1 tsp. parsley, dried
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp. thyme, dried
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. shredded carrots
1 c. heavy cream
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. flour
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil with the bay leaf. Add noodles and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often.
2. Add the parsley, thyme, black pepper, onions, celery and carrots. Simmer for 10 minutes or until done.
3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add cream to the noodle mixture. Bring back to a simmer. Add the flour mixture and cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Discard bay leaf. Add the chicken. Stir to incorporate. Heat through and serve.