Nacho Cheese Steak Fries
1 lb. bag frozen steak fries
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 taco seasoning packet
2 c. cheddar cheese
green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread frozen fries on evenly on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- While fries are in the oven, brown ground beef. Drain any fat. Add diced onion, continue to cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water, mix according to package directions.
- Remove fries from oven.
- Layer taco mixture over fries. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with tomatoes and green onions.
Apron Strings Tips: We often make these with spicy sweet potato fries or add sliced jalapeno peppers during step 5.