Chocolate Strawberry Torte
Beautifully presented and tastes just as good.
Source: Taste of Home
5 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 c. butter, cubed
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. tap water
4 c. sliced fresh strawberries
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 c. confectioners’ sugar
3 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with water, beating well after each addition.
3. Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly.
5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of each of the following: whipped topping and strawberry filling. Drizzle with half of the glaze. Repeat layers.