EASY! Strawberry Pizza
This easy recipe from Taste of Home is a home run with the kids. Take advantage of the farmers market or your local grocery store’s sales and load up on fresh strawberries.
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
1 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
2 c. crushed strawberries
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange sliced strawberries on top.
5. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and crushed berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Spoon over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.