Chorizo and Black Bean Taquitos
We really like chorizo and these make a perfect hand-held snack or appetizer for the little ones. Serve with a small side of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and guacamole and you have a meal.
1 lb. ground chorizo
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
1 (14.5-oz.) can refried black beans
1 c. Monterrey jack cheese
12 soft taco size corn tortillas
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and give it a quick spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo and onions in until chorizo is browned and cooked through. Stir in refried beans and then Monterrey jack cheese and cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
3. Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tortillas one at a time until they are soft and
pliable, about 30 seconds per side.
4. Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling in the center of each corn tortilla and roll up. Place the tortillas,
seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat until ingredients are gone.
5. Bake taquitos for 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp.