Simple Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce
8 soft taco size flour tortillas
2 c. shredded Monterrey jack cheese, divided
2 c. shredded cooked chicken
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. sour cream
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped, fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Mix chicken with 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Divide chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, whisk until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
6. Reduce heat and stir in sour cream and diced green chiles. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Pour sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
9. Garnish with cilantro before serving.
Apron Strings Tip: Save time by using a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. This recipe works well with canned red enchilada sauce as well.