Coconut & Lime Quick Bread
This is a refreshing and light quick bread that is very pretty to serve at a brunch!
1/2 c. granulated sugar
6 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
1 c. coconut milk
1 Tbsp. lime zest, about 2 limes
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sweetened shredded coconut
For the glaze:
1 c. confectioner’s sugar
2 Tbsp. lime juice
Garnish the top with 2 Tbsp. sweetened shredded coconut and 1 tsp. lime zest.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8- by 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, coconut oil and eggs until combined. Whisk in the coconut milk and lime zest; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir or sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the shredded coconut.
4. Slowly add the wet mixture (step 2) to the dry mixture (step 3), stirring to combine.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, loosen sides and turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze and garnish stop with coconut and lime zest.
Apron Stings Notes: After melting your coconut oil, be sure to give it a minute to rest or it will cook your eggs in step 2.