Banana-Pecan French Toast Casserole
1/2 c. unsalted butter
2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
3 bananas, sliced 1/4” thick rounds
12 slices challah bread, sliced 1/2″ thick
1 1/2 c. milk
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a large microwavable bowl, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, whipping cream, cinnamon, allspice and pecans. Toss in bananas and gently stir to coat. Pour into the bottom of a 9×13-in. baking dish.
2. Arrange challah bread over the top. Trim pieces as needed.
3. In a blender, add remaining ingredients and pulse until just blended. Pour mixture slowly and evenly over the top of the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove casserole from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes.
5. Lay a serving tray over the top of the dish and quickly flip it over. Lift off the dish to serve.