Kid-Approved: Taco Tater Casserole
This simple and tasty recipe is just what the family ordered on a busy night!
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 c. diced yellow onion
1 (4-oz.) can diced green chiles
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (12-oz.) pkg. frozen golden sweet corn
3 c. shredded taco blend cheese
1 (28-oz.) pkg. frozen tater tots
1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
1 tomato, diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet or stock pot, brown the ground beef with onion. Add the chiles, taco seasoning, black beans, corn and 2 cups of cheese and stir until combined. Pour this mixture in the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly.
3. Arrange tater tots across the top of the mixture so they are in a single layer laying flat and touching end-to-end until the mixture is completely covered.
4. Slowly pour the enchilada sauce evenly across the top of the tater tots.
5. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese across the top of the casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let casserole cool for 10 minutes and serve topped with tomato and sour cream dollops.