Kid-Approved: Bite-Sized Meatballs
These yummy little meatballs are no-frills and just what the kiddos like! Round out the meal with mashed potatoes and green peas for a successful dinner.
2 lb. lean ground beef
1 (6-oz.) pkg. stuffing mix for chicken
1 c. tap water
2 large eggs
1 (16-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
1 (16-oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix meat, stuffing mix, water and eggs until well combined. Shape into 50 meatballs about 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Line them up on the baking sheets about an inch apart.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
4. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan over medium heat, bring the barbecue sauce and cranberry sauce to a boil. Continue to stir for one minute and turn off heat.
5. Add meatballs to sauce to coat and then serve.
Apron Strings Tip: If I don’t have the cranberry sauce handy, I serve them with just the warmed up barbecue sauce. The kids like it just as well!