This soft and caramel-flavored cookie will surprise you with the first bite. This is a cookie that will have your friends asking for the recipe.
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
1 c. light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar until ingredients are incorporated.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed ingredients in mixer and continue to beat on lower speed until a soft dough forms.
5. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to evenly divide dough. Roll each portion into a ball and roll in granulated sugar. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Apron Strings Tips: Keep the dough refrigerated and pull out what you need for each batch. This will ensure each baking sheet of cookies comes out perfectly formed and the same level of doneness.